Saturday, March 31, 2007

Miracles Never Cease

Know what I did today? Besides read? OK, besides sleep nearly all day too? I finally finished* a craptacular painting I've been working** on for many, many months. I just need to let it dry*** and finish out the edges with some ribbon and it'll be done. Then I can start on my next one which will be a cowboy themed one to go in my niece's baby's room. I need to get started on that one soon because so far the trend has been that I take more time with each successive painting I do. I've GOT to loosen up. Here are the previous two I've done, for those of you who missed it. Eeyore remains my favorite. Maybe because I like his attitude, who knows. I'll post a picture of the newest one eventually.

Mary, I got Night Swimming in the mail yesterday! I'm working on Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchett right now (bookring book--this means there's a list of people who are reading the same copy--I have to mail it to someone else when I'm done), which will be followed by The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffennegger (another bookring) and then I'll start Night Swimming.

Jenny, I added Safe People to my paperbackswap.com wish list and it will be sent to me when it becomes available.

I love it when my friends recommend books to me. Now if I could just read them as fast as they come in!

--------------------
*-it's clearly not finished since it's not dry and the ribbon "frame" hasn't even been started. Anybody seen my hot glue gun?

**-working on it in that way in which I've been ignoring it as it sits and mocks me from afar.

***--technically oil paints never dry, but you know what I mean.

9 comments:

Roz said...

Congrats on finishing your painting. :) It seems that the only way, I can post on my blog is to reply to yours. lol

Mercy's Maid said...

Thanks! Well, I don't mind that you have to comment on my blog before you post your blog entries. Comments = love! :)

Anonymous said...

I want the giraffe.

Mercy's Maid said...

Mandy-

The giraffe is my least favorite so far. I was very rushed when I did that one and didn't have time to make some last minute changes.

But if you ever get knocked up, let me know and I'll make you a painting...of course your kid would probably be 17 by the time I finished the painting, but still...

Anonymous said...

"Craptacular"...I love that word! I am adding it to my daily vacabulary....Along with "crapspackle"!

Mercy's Maid said...

I try to interject "crap" into as many of the words in my vocabulary as possible. Crapulous is also a very sophisticated use of the word "crap".

Anonymous said...

I want to hear what you think of The Time Traveler's Wife when you're done. I started that a few months ago, but never finished it. You'll have to tell me if you think it's worth picking up again.

Mercy's Maid said...

mary-

I am nearly 1/2 way through with The TTW now and I found that for about the first half of that I was spending most of my brain power trying to wrap my mind around exactly what was happening. It's getting easier now. But I'll let you know my final verdict.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that's why I quit. My brain doesn't want to work that hard on my downtime.