Saturday, February 24, 2007

The World is Quiet Here


I just finished Lemony Snicket's The End today. Have you finished it, Mandy? I won't ruin any surprises.

The last little bit, the last word, caught me by surprise. I'm sure there were clues along the way about that, but I didn't pick them up. I wish a few more of the loose ends had been tied up. He left it open to another book, but surely he won't write another. It's the kind of series that needs to end with Book the Thirteenth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess how many dogs I still have? Yep, Butter still lives here. Miracles never cease. I let both of them in earlier to hang out for a little bit and sedated Butter by giving her a bone. She proceeded to run around the house looking for creative places to "bury" it. I closed off all the bedrooms and thought that would force her back into the living room (and under my watchful eye), but that didn't work out. I found her later, burying the bone under the bath mat. She saw Mercy watching her and abandoned the bathroom burial ground. It's funny to watch a dog bury a bone in the couch cushions. She seemed totally oblivious to the idea that pretending there's loose dirt on the couch that she can nose over a bone doesn't make it so. Goofy dog.

No comments: