Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Today is a Blah Day

I don't know why, but it kind of is.

I'm in a boring, predictable part of my process at work, so that's probably why.

Tonight is choir, so maybe that will help.

My mom called yesterday and left me a message to tell me that my uncle died yesterday afternoon. He had started being in a lot of pain, so they were giving him morphine all the time to keep him knocked out, so it was an answer to prayer that he didn't have to suffer for too long.

The funeral is tomorrow afternoon in Stamps, AR, but I'm not going to be able to go. I have to be back here on Friday because I'm babysitting about 8 kids for a co-worker's rehearsal dinner Friday night. My dad said he didn't think I should try to go...especially since I don't know the way to Stamps and I would have to travel back at night and I'm night blind.

Saturday afternoon I'm going to a wedding, and I was invited to a Halloween party on Saturday night, but I really don't want to go. Keith's married friends are hosting it, and they're nice and everything, but they're like 40 and have kids and I have nothing in common with them or any of the other people they invite. I'm not the type of person who things that mingling in large groups of people I don't know is fun, and last year, Keith went outside and left me for like an hour and I just sat there and was pretty much ignored for the whole time. Talk about pissed off! So I told him that I don't want to go this year. He said, "Well, I don't want you to go if you're not going to have a good time, but if you go I don't want to have to sit and hold your hand the whole time." I told him I didn't want him to sit and hold my hand....just be in the same room as me for the majority of the evening. Apparently that's unreasonable or something....who knew!

My reading has really slowed down in the past week or two. I'm going to have to step it back up if I'm going to make it to my goal of 50 books by the end of the year (I'm currently at 42).

My trial pair of contacts have come in and I keep forgetting to go by the eye doctor's office and pick them up (this happens every time). I was even over in that part of town today when I went to the post office, but I guess I can only remember to run one errand at a time. :)

No comments: