Sunday, October 09, 2005

Boycott Payless!

Never again will I step foot into a Payless Shoe Source.

I ordered a pair of dyeable shoes on 9-13 (after waiting in the store for an hour while the manager tried to figure out how to order them). I was told they would be in within 10 days and that the store would call me when the shoes came in. Since it had been well over the 10 day period, I decided to go to the store today and raise a ruckus.

The same manager who ordered the shoes was in the store today and when I showed him my receipt and told him nobody had ever contacted me about my shoes and I needed to know where they were, he opened up his order book (which only had about 3 orders in it--one of which had already been picked up) and started looking for the shoes.

It turns out that instead of them looking in the order log (gasp! So difficult!) to find out who the shoes belonged to when they came in, they just put them out on the shelf in the store for anyone to buy because they didn't know who they belonged to. Well duh! Look in your order book and narrow it down between the two people who have outstanding orders. The shoes might belong to the person who ordered that size, style, and color! Rocket science!

The guy went and pulled them off the shelf and asked them if they were mine and I said I guess so. As he perceived my rage he said, "Next time you're in the store, tell them I told you that you could have 10% off."

I wouldn't go back to the store if the shoes were free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have a hard time with people who complain about the "service" in a store like payless. THey pay there employees nothing they pick up after rude people like you all day who don't know how to put things away. YOu paid more to fill up your car than to buy a pair of shoes. Stop pretending your something your not. Peopl make mistakes I doubt your perfect!

Anonymous said...

So the last comment i think was a bit harsh. I do however feel as consumers we treat those working in the retail world as if they were lower class. I would not be happy if my order was lost or put out by mistake. I do however understand mistakes happen. I feel bad for people who get so upset when something happens with a product or service. Why is it as consumers we feel it is our right to rant and rave and scream over small mistakes. I would not boycott a store over this paticular incident. I would simply keep in mind do I like the product? is it worth my time and energy to perhaps put up with not the best service for a lower priced shoe?