Monday, May 16, 2011

Life in the Sticks

I'm home! :) I think I can speak for all of us when i say that after two mostly full days in the car, it was good to get here! The dogs could not have done better. The little one just slept in her crate while we were riding and happily got out and did her business when we made stops. The big one is my nervous nelly. She rode really well, but she hasn't completely settled in yet. She's eating a couple of bites of food a day (better than her normal nervous nelly food strikes), but I think she'll adjust and get back to normal soon. I'm glad I get to stay home with them. I think that probably calms them some.

I ventured out by myself today to get groceries. This town is so tiny that there's not even a Wal-Mart, so I've got some adjusting to do too. :) The library is in a strip mall. There's no fast food. My cell phone service is spotty. I'm sitting in the living room right now and have no service, but it comes and goes. Sometimes I can get one bar.

In other news, dinner is in the crockpot and work is quiet. I'm sitting in the recliner, watching the fishes swim around and watching the dogs nap. I might get really housewifely later and wash some dishes and do some laundry. You just never can tell what kind of crazy shenanigans I might get into! Life is good.

1 comment:

jasonandjennyt said...

Wow. It's hard to think of a place smaller than Arkadelphia. :) At least we had a Walmart!