Monday, March 02, 2009

Tidbits

I don't have anything earth shattering today, so I'll use everyone's favorite...the bullets!

* I continue to stink it up at Halo 3. I have improved slightly, I think, but my performance is still pretty shameful. I didn't realize there were so many different aspects besides the obvious kill or be killed element. Apparently there are various achievements that you can unlock by performing certain tasks in the game. For instance, I unlocked the Up Close and Personal achievement the other day (for killing 5 opponents in one game by beating them in the head). It's my favorite way to kill opponents.

I was playing a game of assault (a team game where you have to find a bomb, arm it, and detonate it to beat the other team). My poor teammate found the bomb, and hopped on a Warthog (vehicle) and expected me to drive him to the base. I am the crappiest driver. I rammed us into a wall and then I couldn't figure out how to back up. He kept beating me in the back of the head with the bomb. I couldn't stop laughing.

* You can see my game stats (or service record) here. Do you play Halo 3 on Xbox live? Let me know your gamer tag and I'll add you as a friend.

* I am still thoroughly enjoying the Esther study I'm doing. I think we're about half-way through the study and I will be sad when it's over. Here are a couple of quotes I pulled out of it last week.

Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then again, it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already. Page 94


At times nothing is more consequentially decisive than refusing to make a decision. At critical moments -- even those unrecognizable at the time -- failure to decide is to decide on failure. Page 102

2 comments:

Lainy said...

LOL I have a feeling that we would be in tears when you and I get together to play Halo. I suck at it SO bad! The one and only time I played it, Duane had me stuck in the corner. I couldn't get out and he kept throwing sticky bombs at my head!
The good news is, I JUST found out that your blog really isn't blocked at work :P I just have to manually type in your blog address.

Lainy said...

oh yeah, and I've become addicted to unlocking achievements on 360 :O Now I feel like I MUST find all those darn flags on Assassin's Creed to get maximum points!! D:< lol I'm a monster at stuff like that