Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I, I Will Survive...

I am pleased to inform you that Thanksgiving went splendidly. Nobody shivved, shanked, or otherwise injured anyone else. I did threaten to "cut" my nephew once, but I was just kidding.

I didn't take my quilting project with me on the road because after trying to hand quilt a couple of little rows, I realized that sewing machines were invented for a reason. Long live the Industrial Revolution! So I'm machine quilting it now. I'm probably 1/4 of the way through the quilting process, and it's very random but that's OK because so is the rest of the quilt. I decided to nix the idea of it becoming a quillow because I have my hands full as it is.

I hope to finish the quilting portion by the end of the week...or at least this weekend.

My daddy is fabulous and he cut some little plexiglass squares for me in two different sizes that I can use as templates to cut perfect squares. I haven't tried them out yet, but he even affixed some fine grit sandpaper to them so hopefully that will keep them from sliding all over the fabric like my current ruler does. That means I get to return the similar plexiglass square that I bought at Hancock's (for $9.99!). Yay!

I'll post more pictures when the quilting is finished.

No comments: