It's been awhile since I've actually BLOG blogged, so I figured I'd hop back in the blogging saddle for a minute with just some random things that have been on my mind lately.
1. College friends - Brandi's dad is apparently in really bad shape. I don't know any details, but she's been posting a few one sentence updates on Myspace and I know that he's been on (or is still on) a ventilator. I know she's really close to her dad, so I just wanted to let you know so you can pray for her dad and the rest of her family.
2. My folks are in Colorado and my sister called me yesterday and said my dad is really sick. I'm HOPING it's just some sort of 24 hour virus or something, but my sister said he sounded so bad when she talked to him yesterday and it really scared her. They're supposed to be heading back home today (by car), so please pray that he's feeling well enough for a seemingly eternal car ride across the country. I'm going to call them today and check in. *update* I talked to my dad and he said he's feeling normal today. Yay!
3. I've registered for the Race for the Cure. If you'd like to help sponsor me (the money goes toward raising money for mammograms for uninsured women), leave me your e-mail address in a comment and I'll send you a link to my Komen fundraising page. I don't want to post it here because there's just a little too much info on it. But I'll gladly share it privately. My goal is $150 and at last count I had raised $65. $150 pays for a mammogram for one woman, I believe. The fundraising website even accepts small donations of $5, so little donations are welcome.
4. I like blueberry scones.
5. The local library's book sale is Friday night. I'm beside myself.
6. Speaking of books, this week is Banned Books Week. Celebrate your freedom to read by reading something edgy. Or by reading anything for that matter! I'm hosting a Banned Books Bookbox at Bookcrossing, so I'm working my way through some books that are/have been frequently banned so I can put them in the box. Right now I'm reading Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume. Up next is A Separate Peace by John Knowles.
7. Tonight is the VP debate. I have a feeling it's going to be hilarious. I would really love it if Tina Fey would debate in place of Palin, but I don't think it's going to happen.