Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

Look what I found when I was mowing my yard Wednesday evening. So cute! You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.





I looked him up, and I think he's a tobacco hornworm. He was eating the pesky Jimsom Weed that has crept into my flower bed (good for him!). I never knew that Jimsom Weed was a hallucinogen until I started trying to find out what this little guy was. All this time, I've been missing out! Just kidding!

I was hoping that with his vibrant green coloring, he would turn into a pretty butterfly, but his adult version is very Scary-Silence-of-the-Lambs-Moth-Like. Disappointing, but he can still live in my flower bed if he wants to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww ^_^

Pamela said...

looks very similar to our tomato horn worm that turns into a fabulous moth