Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More Proof that I Need a Secretary

I did indeed survive my run, but I did it musicless. In the end, even Gwen (et. all) forsook me. It was my own fault since I never remember to charge my MP3 player, and that is further proof that I need a personal secretary.

If I had a personal secretary:

*My phone, MP3 player, etc. would never die of an uncharged battery.
*My bills would always end up in a neat stack somewhere so I wouldn't have to dash around the house trying to find them all when I got ready to pay them.
*She would make to-do lists for me, and I'd never have to try to *find* said to-do list because she would know where it was.
*She would probably have to do some light cleaning and laundry too because, after all, this is MY dreamworld and in my dreamworld, secretaries do everything that needs doing!
*She would keep up with when my car maintenance is due. (Sure, I've got the sticker in the window, but it always gets faded to the point that I can't read it anymore)
*She would probably mow my yard too.
*And kill spiders.
*And bathe my dogs.
*And cut their little toenails (they so hate that...I still have the scars from the last time I wrangled them down for a "pedicure")

Sigh...

But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

And as such, I'm going to take a 1/2 day off today to try to take care of a few things.

Which reminds me that I need to make a grocery list (since apparently nobody else is going to do it for me!).

2 comments:

About Nancy said...

I simply must respond to your creative blog. After all, I don't want to get poked in the eye! Ha. Your blog cracked me up and I must visit again soon.
In Him,
Nancy

Mercy's Maid said...

I'm so glad you stopped by. Come by any time!