Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ode to my Sunglasses

In the form of two haikus...

My bottom squished you
Sunglass death in the car seat!
I didn't mean to!

Thank you for bending
Back into shape for me
You're as good as new!

_______________________________

As you can tell, that sad tale had a happy ending. I'm so glad. I've had my sunglasses forever and they must be my lucky sunglasses because I've had them all this time and haven't lost or destroyed them. Leave it to me to accidentally sit on them and not notice it until several minutes later when I realized they were "missing" from their usual spot in my console.
All's well that ends well.
________________________________

Work today makes me want to become a drug addict. Not because I'm busy or overwhelmed, but because I've had to answer some pretty idiotic questions that the person asking could have answered without any help from anyone. In fact, I'm a little scared about the questions that were asked. If the person really doesn't know the answer or know where he can find them, we're in trouble.

I don't mind answering questions for new people, or even for non-new people if it's really hard stuff that's difficult to understand. I don't mind answering most questions the first time. But when I've made very detailed step-by-step instructions (I should seriously consider being a technical writer) and posted them on a shared drive for everyone and I still get the same questions every month (to which I reply, look at document blah blah blah, every month), it gets a little old. I even went so far as to print out all of the how-to documents and put them in folders for everyone one time. Apparently they got together and burned them or something. Whatever.

I'm off to injure myself so I can go to the dr. and score some RX painkillers and become addicted to them. It'll be so much more sophisticated than being a crack head.

No comments: