Sunday, September 24, 2006

Attn: Locals


If you live close by and like to read, get in touch with me. We're starting a local Bookcrossing meetup (ie. Free Books, (not free) coffee, and conversation) once a month at Something's Brewing. We'll meet for an hour or two one evening a month to talk about whatever we've read that month and bring books that we're willing to share with others. Did I mention they have yummy Cappuccinos? Anyway, that's my commercial for now. We're hoping to have our first meeting next month.

I have a treadmill now. It smells like my parents' garage, which is not a bonus. Hopefully it will go away (the smell, not the treadmill). The temptation to tie Butter to it and make her run off some of her nervous energy is becoming great. Last night was a bad night. I finally got up at about 1 this morning to let her out of her crate and force her outside. Of course when I let her out of her crate, she started whining like a maniac and tried to bolt through the house running laps as fast as she could. I tried the "Dog Whisperer's" technique of putting my hand on her back firmly until she calmed down. It totally works, but she pees when I do it (and no, I'm not hurting her, she just enjoys peeing inside). This is why her crate is in the kitchen. Easier cleanup. Triptophan update: not working. I must either up her dosage (and play into her hands--paws) or accept that triptophan is a myth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is in response to Friday's blog:

A) Petra rocks...really, and they rock!

B) Check out "Not of this World" by Petra, one of my favorite songs.

As for books, if it's longer than "All the truths I told" by William Jefferson Clinton (Large text, doulbe spaced, fits on Business Card), I probably haven't read it...
(just kidding, mostly)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to move to Arkansas so I can come to your fancy book club, okay?

Mercy's Maid said...

Anything to get you to move to Arkansas! I never knew it would be a book club that would lure you, though.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that the newly published crime rankings for Dallas might have something to do with that decision. We just the fine distinction of "most dangerous city" out of the 10 largest cities in the country. I apparently have a 1 in 11.79 chance of being the victim of a crime. But it was the book club that pushed me over the edge. Now if I could just talk my husband into it...he's not a big reader.

Mercy's Maid said...

I wonder if you sleeping with pepper spray under your pillow does anything to reduce your personal crime victimization statistics. It probably ups Mark's probability of being sprayed in the face while he's sleeping.

Anonymous said...

You know, strangely enough, marriage has broken that habit and I didn't even notice it. But don't worry, I haven't given it up completely, it's always in the purse. I'm the same girl I used to be.